Sunday, April 29, 2007

Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

My wrist upgrades seem to be taking hold very nicely. Carpal tunnel has been bothering me for the last couple of years, and since I wasn't taking classes this semester, now seemed like a good time to git 'er done.

The procedure was quick and mostly painless. The anesthesiologist stuck something in my IV that didn't exactly knock me out, but it made me really loopy. According to him, once it took hold he would be able to drive a metal spike into my chest, and I wouldn't care. Then he did something else to numb my hands.

My perception of time was more than a little off. Before I knew it, they were sewing up one arm and starting on the other. I remember desperately trying to formulate a joke along the lines of "did you install the robotic claw like I asked?" but I couldn't get it out, and eventually gave up. Good thing, or I'd probably have a left hand like Dr. Claw's now.

That's a long, roundabout way of saying, hey, I'm back. Feel free to worship me and my HyperWrist 2.0 blogging-enabled upgrades.

I'm holding off on lasik surgery, because I figure that I've got one perfectly good eye going, and the surgery would probably disqualify me for some upgrade twenty years down the road that would give me 20/5 vision and thermal imaging. That would be cool.

No comments: